Friday, February 19, 2010

Final Fantasy 12


Final Fantasy 12

2-18-10

I've played through FF12 twice now and needless to say each play through left me feeling differently about the game. Unfortunately it didn't hold up well the second time through. Things like the games thin and ultimately faux complicated plot became glaringly obvious the second time around. Though I'm a defender of the games rather unique Gambit system it ends up taking a great deal of the fun out of the overall game play. Last but certainly not least..... the game is down right easy. I don't consider myself a hard-core gamer and certainly not an expert. I think I died like twice and one of those was during the final boss fight. So then why was I so blind to these blatant flaws the first time though? My former apologists stance regarding this game was due in large part to the fantastic production values. Nearly every superficial aspect on display here is just top notch. Even four years later the game still looks and sounds damn good. The art direction/design is second to none as is the fantastic score. Basically I was for all intent and purpose shocked and awed by the game. Though this is an awe that inevitably fades. 

No comments:

Post a Comment